Sunday, October 26, 2008

Turandot! Turandot!

Below are some pics from my recent Dayton Opera debut in Turandot. While I really enjoyed the music and some of the other chorus members, I was thrilled about the 17 rehearsals. Overall, a good experience, but possibly one I won't be rushing to do again any time soon :)

Stefanie and I getting ready. Pincurls totally rock!
Stefanie and I are, um, close. :)

Stefanie and Jenni putting on the hideous makeup we were required to wear...they were Ping, Pang and Pong's assistants, which is why they got cute black pajamas and I got Goodwill rags. Just wait. you will see the difference...




The servants and the "populi" or common person. I was lucky they would even hang out with me....oh, and the masks -- we had to wear those for Act I and most of Act II. Not great for seeing, but watching the conductor isn't important, right?

Some of the ladies and James (the ladies man of the opera chorus). As you can see by my makeup that this role required me to be even whiter than I normally am. First time this has EVER happened. oh...and this showcases the rags I was telling you about. Below is another group shot with chorus members.
















No comments: