Friday, May 7, 2010

San Diego


This past weekend Kevin and I had the opportunity to go to San Diego. My parents were there on a vacation and we decided to join them at my Aunt Marty's house for a nice long weekend. It was so great to get out of town and have a laidback weekend away from home. Kevin and I have really been trying to take advantage of the locations that are close to us since it may be a little while before we take vacations once Baby Hurley joins us.

One of the really great things about the weekend was getting to spend some time with my Aunt Marty and her husband Bill. Since they have lived in California for most of my life, I hadn't really had the opportunity to spend quality time with them since I was a kid. Being 27 now, it was a very different experience getting to know them as an adult. It was also nice to get to introduce that part of my family to Kevin. I forget that there are members of my family that don't know the wonderful man I am married too, and how he has made my life incredible.

While we were in San Diego we went to the beach a couple times, had dinner with Kevin's cousin Stefanie, toured the Hotel del Cornado (which is where Some Like it Hot was filmed), and went to a Padres game. The weather was in the 70s and was perfect. The beaches were beautiful and the Hotel del Cornado had a gorgeous patio where you could have lunch and look out over the beach. The whole trip was very relaxing and it was wonderful to see my family. I predict many more trips to San Diego in our future.


The Padres Stadium, where we watched kind of a boring game, but enjoyed the company as well as the atmosphere.


The Hotel del Cornado


Kevin and me enjoying the view from the Hotel del Cornado. One of the many beautiful beaches.

Baby Hurley's first trip to San Diego

No comments: