Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

This year for Thanksgiving we decided to stay in Phoenix. We thought traveling during the winter with a baby used to warm weather might be a recipe for disaster. So we spent Thanksgiving at Kevin's cousin Shelley and Brad's house. It was really nice to have family here in town to spend the holiday with, as well as people excited to play with Luke - gave mom and dad a little break and some time to eat turkey :)

This Thanksgiving I was really thinking about how much I have to be thankful for. When I was a kid my parents used to pray contstantly for my future husband. That he would be a man of God and someone who would support me and love me no matter what. Over the past few months Luke has been dealing with severe colic that lasted 8 weeks. There were times where I truly did not think I was going to survive and I even became depressed. However, throughout this struggle, Kevin really stepped up as a wonderful husband and father. He would wake up with Luke during the night to feed him, come home during his lunch breaks so that I could have some down time during the day, and was constantly checking in with me to make sure I was okay. I really could not have survived Luke's colic without Kevin. Now that the colic is gone and life has settled down a bit, I have reflected on how truly blessed I am to be married to Kevin and how he is an answer to my parents' prayers for me 28 years ago. I am also so thankful that my parents were praying for my marriage so many years ago - how lucky I am to be raised in a house filled with God's love.

Here are a couple pics from Luke's first thanksgiving, complete with his turkey shirt from Aunt Stefanie. It is amazing that at this time last year we were telling the families that I was pregnant and now Luke is 4 months old! I am really starting to get excited about Christmas and having the family here - it's going to be such a fun celebration!








1 comment:

Our blog said...

Kristin! Luke is adorable! Colic was not fun, I'm sure. 8 weeks! Bless your heart! There's just now way to describe that up-all-night-exhausted feeling, is there? So glad you got through it and that your husband was so sweet. This is also random but I saw your mom the other week at Target! Well enough of my rambling...hope you have a great first Christmas with your sweet family!
-Alison (Garling)